My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

BUILDING PASSION again

I have a box of books on the floor beside my computer desk, fifty copies of my romance novel BUILDING PASSION. Why I ever ordered that many, I'll never know, except that I have fans who don't read ebooks. So I have to sell them before I break an ankle tripping over them.

It's a nice romance, lots of humor and reverse-psychology aimed at managing teenagers. I wrote it when I had teenagers and one way we discouraged the suitors our daughter brought home was to invite them to dinner.

There was one young man who came several times. Years later, his name came up in conversation as we were around the table, and in chorus all three kids said: "He cut his spaghetti!" It was something that had never been mentioned before, but it seemed to be the outstanding impression he left.

The funny thing is, I have a scene toward the end of that book (BUILDING PASSION -- print copies available!) where the heroine's younger sister is making a macaroni salad, and her boyfriend du jour is criticizing the way she is cutting carrots. About three weeks before the original release of the book in July of 1983, my daughter was in the kitchen making macaroni salad and same boyfriend was looking on -- criticizing the way she was cutting carrots! They had no idea why I had to leave the house, choking back laughter.

Life imitates art!

1 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

Why not write a post about the book, and give an address for those who might like an autographed copy?

If you have quite a few blog readers you may well sell a few! And the autograph could help, eh?

I did that on my own blog and got a few checks in the mail. It's a nice feeling. Keep selling that book right here.

"Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!"

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home