My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, August 21, 2006

It's Been a Long Summer!

This summer started with getting a painful case fo shingles, which luckily gave up early and now just makes short guest appearances, usually when I'm trying to sleep.

I started on a new book and trying to weed the garden which got way ahead of me when I wasn't feeling good. Then it got hot, really hot, and our grandson came to visit, and the bikers dropped by on their way to a rally at Oak Ridge.

Just when I thought it was safe to draw a breath, one of the neighbors, an elderly widower, had a mild stroke. He is being well taken care of at the Patricia Neal Clinic in Knoxville, but it is a bit of a hassle for my husband to take care of the gentleman's dogs -- two huge, noisey animals. It would be good if they could be kenneled together. But that's not a decision for him to make.

I remember that my parents, as they aged, had a hard time getting through summers. And now I guess I'm wary of summer myself. I try to slow husband down. He thinks he's about twenty years younger than he is, that he can three things at once. Being brought up short with the things that can go wrong is a sobering thought. Summer can't end soon enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home