My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

These are Dog Days!

The month of August has whizzed by! That's what happens when life heats up.

Sometimes it's not for the better. For instance, a neighbor had a mild stroke about three weeks ago. Since his wife died, he's lived alone, although he has friends who come by, and here in the neighborhood we look after each other. One man has been keeping his lawn up, and I imagine someone else is taking in the mail. My husband has been feeding his two huge dogs twice a day, and has gone into town to visit. Today, my husband learned how to help him with his therapy.

He's coming home tomorrow from Patricia Neal Center in Knoxville. Yesterday my husband and son came home from their trip into town to see our neightbor, bursting to tell me something. They had met Patricia Neal! She was there to cheer on the patients.

Last night, they watched a video of "In Harm's Way," and although I was working at the computer, I could tell when she was on the screen -- her voice is just the same now as then, they said. Boy, Patricia Neal has outlasted a lot of actors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home