My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's been a LONG time!

Can you believe that I've been too busy for several months to post anything on blogspot? Trust me, I have.
Once I got well enough to focus on what had to be done, I got to work on copying BLACK-TIE AFFAIR into my computer so I could find a new home for it. It was, at first, a chore. BT-A came out in 1992, followed closely by COME HOME TO LOVE, and since I have changed computers twice, I no longer had files on them when I got the release form back from Kensington/Zebra.

Would you believe that the evening of the day I finished retyping BT-A, I was reading my emails and found that Desert Breeze Publishing needed a MS stat! to cover for an author who was too ill to work on the editing of her book. I sent BT-A the next day and it was accepted so fast I got a crick in my neck.

After the few editing changes were made, I caught my breath and began feeding COME HOME TO LOVE into the computer. I finished that MS yesterday (94,000+ words) and will get it off as soon as I can. The plus for me in that job was that Thorndike put out a Large Print edition for libraries and sent me one.

BLACK-TIE AFFAIR will be released  Friday -- this Friday. I'm stoked. It is pure fiction. I used a college library to check my facts -- it's glitz, glamor, high society, low society, and Florida. It's just a fun read -- as it was a fun write!

COME HOME TO LOVE is a fictionalization of my experience with my eyes which led to partial blindness, woven into just about every problem a respectable heroine can face these days.  I hope it might be out soon.

Like I said, I'm BACK!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marge Gordon said...

Welcome back! I've missed you.
And remember the woman who said she would never read a book on a computer... I will look for your books and add them to my Nook as soon as they come out!
Great to "see" you again!

8:32 AM  
Blogger lucylocket said...

It is so good to hear that you are back to work.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home