My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Life Runs Downhill

Well, it's not a steep downhill, but it is a bit of a shock to one's system from time to time. I've been sewing my little fingers to the bone, making new outfits for my trip to California and the EPIC conference. Today I finished the outfit I hope to wear to the banquet.

It is not easy to sew on silk or satin. They slip, they stretch, they don't like to be ironed. I haven't had to do so much frog stitching -- rippit, rippit, rippit! --for a long time. But finally I finished and went to try my new outfit on.

I looked in the mirror and this old woman jumped in front of me. She has white hair, and is dumpy and short! Her face is wrinkled, and her neck is crepey. Sigh!
And sigh again!

I have to be comforted by the growth making my outfits has given me, and that has come with the white hair and the wrinkles. I can now write better -- and I'm a whizz with a blind hemmer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home