My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Other Paths to Getting Published

I listen to Morning Edition when I'm waking up in the morning. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the success story of Ron Mac Larty and his book which went first to audio rather than to print. Yeah, Ron! (I don't know how to do links successfully, but you know how to get to NRP, Morning edition, and see the most emailed story of the day.)

What caught my ear toward the end of the interview was the observation that an author work now is looked at more as sothething that can be promotable rather than of lasting literary quality. And all this time I thought I had to write well.

But on reflection, I think about Charles Dickens' selling of his work by subscription because he had to feed his family. Little did he know he'd be studied in today's colleges and high schools.

I know I'm not terribly promotable, and to travel around the country to prmote my books has in the past been a disaster. I guess I'm just going to have to wait a century or so for recognition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home