My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, November 14, 2005

A New Look at Coordination

You know the old wheeze about patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time? Well, the other evening when I was preparing for bed, I found myself doing something strange and realized I have a new talent. I can brush my teeth and scratch my back at the same time. The tooth-brushing doesn't suffer from going from up and down to circular motion, and the back-scratching -- well, that doesn't take all that much concentration if it was already working before I realized I was doing it!

The significance of this is accomplishment is rather limited, to say the least, but it is encouraging to find that at my advanced age, I'm not completely incapacitated by any measurement. But I still can't throw a baton in the air and turn around three times before I catch it. Come to think of it -- I never could!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home