My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Arrest Me! I've Commited Neatness!

Husband uttered the fateful words Sunday after church: "I've invited the preacher for lunch on Wednesday.

Son left for Florida Monday evening, to be gone a few days. I had done all the sewing I had to do, and I really didn't want to start any new projects. The writing takes too much concentration to do during the Christmas season, so I succumbed to the temptation to CLEAN. This is a trait I have suppressed so well over the years. Ask my kids.

I worked my little fingers to the bone Tuesday and Wednesday morning, only to have the preacher ditch us for his dentist. Son was still away and I was beginning to be nervous about his return trip and -- I just could not keep myself from doing it! -- I kept sweeping and throwing things out rearranging things in more space-conservative configurations.

Even pulling out an unfinished project, and making tissue-pack covers for allt he women I expected to show up at last night's Christmas program could not keep me from my addiction. This very morning, I've been at it again, even though I expect my daughter and her fellow for lunch. And I've shamefully been consolidating and eliminating clutter and dust.

Please, someone! Tie my hands behind my back and stop me from being a serial neatness freak! It's the time of year for pity and forebearnace, and all I can look forward to is the temptation presented by port-present clutter! The shame of it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I usually clean when I'm really upset OR when someone is going to visit me. Otherwise, I have no problem watching the dust pile up. :^)

Writing is more fun.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home