My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's Still Winter, After All

It's been a nice day, sunny, with temps in the low 60's even though with the wind it doesn't feel that warm. I took a short tour around the yard, picking up twigs that have broken off the trees, but I came in pretty quickly. It is January, you know.

I was working around the kitchen when I heard a familiar but out-of-place sound. (Okay, so when I'm in the kitchen, it doesn't take much to distract me.) It sounded like -- like -- a lawnmower starting up. And not starting up, if you know what I mean.

I looked out the door (past the Santa banner that hasn't been taken down yet) and there was Husband out by the shed, trying to start the lawnmower. Thank heaven, it knew better! But husband didn't. He worked on it for a long time, fiddling. Last summer, the blade got bent. (I swear I had nothing to do with it!) And it is still bent and not operable. Husband thinks he can bang it back into shape, but the housing of the machine says something else.

This issue only went on for about an hour. The lawnmower won -- it's back in the shed. The grass is still sleeping. Husband is now snoring. He had a very difficult afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home