My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Monday, January 30, 2006

Spring Is on the Way!

I went out into the yard yesterday because we'd had a huge wind the night before and I wanted to see if any damage had been done. There were some twigs and branches down, but nothing too bad. But I noticed, in hurrying back to the back door, that some daffodils had broken though by the forsythia bush in the front yard. Husband was sleeping (afternoon naps on Sunday are excusable), so I didn't tell him my news until breakfast this morning.

After he left on this garbage run this morning, I put on my cape and hat and went out to take a look around. Indeed, daffodils are up! As I made a determined round of the yard, I found the hope I was looking for. There is a cluster of dwarf crocuses in front of an outcropping of rock on our front bank. There, nestled right where they were planted, were three yellow crocuses.

I went on to find my two patches of daffodils and tulips in the new garden on the other side of the driveway. Daylillies and iris are coming up through mulch, and the foxglove, snapdragons and dianthus that were new last year have overwintered.

Take heart! There will be spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home