My Photo
Name:
Location: Jefferson City, Tennessee, United States

Published by: Hard Shell Word Factory (http://hardshell.com) and Awe-Struck E-Books (http://awe-struck.net)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

He Was Almost In Trouble!

This morning I got into the car with my husband and I smelled something. It was not my scent--one rarely smells one's own. It was someone else's and smelled pretty good -- sweet, spicy, sort of floral.

I looked at him suspiciously. "Who was riding in your car yesterday?" I demanded. "I smell a different scent."

He gave me a blank look. He has that down to an art. He doesn't remember much, at least not at appropriate times. "Nobody! Oh! I took the car to have the oil changed."

It didn't smell like oil -- I know what 10-30 smells like. I pointed this out to him.

"Well, you know, they have someone get in the car and drive it in, and then clean the inside. It might have been a woman."

I gave him another version on my dubious look.

"Oh! I know what it was! I used some cleaner to make the dashboard soft. Maybe that's what you smell."

I think I'll buy that explanation. I don't clean house often enough to know what cleaner smells like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home